FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Dingo12 AKA John Russel SCAMMER

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

Dingo

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Dingo12 AKA John Russel SCAMMER

Dear Sir,

I wanted to post this publically as we have very similar forums names. I have been getting emails for the past week or so from concerned "customers" who are trying to buy a 40TR and a 42 from you. It seems that you are linking them to the Benchmade forum for references that were left for me on there. I go by Dingo on the Benchmade forum and here, and Friskydingo on JD and CKG, so perhaps there is some confusion with the names. Specifically, I believe you're citing feedback left for Dingo by TheOneandOnly. Trevor and I have spoken and confirmed it was left for me, along with all other feedback for the username "Dingo" on all of the forums I've listed. I am not on BF or the USN as of 2/24/12. Mr. Russel, I would please ask you to kindly cease linking to feedback left for me on other forums.

To all those inquiring about Mr. Russel's knives: simply put, it's not my sale. I've had approx. 15 emails over the past week about the knives, everything from lowball offers on knives I'm not selling to inquiries for photographs. I really don't mean to be rude, that's def not my intention, but I want to clear up the confusion surrounding this member's sale. If you guys have any questions, just send me an email, willmooncustomknives AT gmail DOT com. Thanks guys,

Will
Last edited by Dingo on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

John

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: To Dingo12 AKA John Russel

fail :lol:
<<

Dingo

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:25 pm

This guy is a SCAMMER, do not do business with him. He is claiming to be me, using my forum feedback on JD and the BM forum and citing my eBay feedback, youtube channel and blog to help him try and scam people out of money. The guy is supposidly selling a Benchmade 42 and matching trainer, but claiming he has no camera to take photos. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JOHN RUSSEL AKA DINGO12.

I've never really seen this done before, much less had to deal with it, so I guess all I can say is I urge caution. I always post HD photos of what I'm selling so people can see what they're getting and I only use two emails, willmooncustomknives AT gmail DOT com and wvmoon1117 AT gmail DOT com. If you get an email from any other email than that claiming to be me, don't do business with them. If you get a PM on a forum claiming to be me and you're not sure, send me an email, I'll answer.

Likewise, I have only a few handles on the forums. On Jerzeedevil and CKG I go by FriskyDingo, on the Benchmade Forum and the Flipping Arena, Dingo. I go by WMoon on EDCF and the Spyderco Forum. I have NO presence on USN or Bladeforums. I have a dormant Knifeforums account for PinkFloyd, but I no longer use that account.
<<

Dingo

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: To Dingo12 AKA John Russel

John wrote:fail :lol:

Interesting... I have just been informed that "John" here is the said scammer who is stealing my identity. Mods if you could please ban this member. He is stealing my identity, using my blog, youtube, ebay feedback and forum feedback to try and scam members on your site and others into doing business with him.

From a "customer", one of the folks who originally tipped me off to this asshat:

"Yes, I backed out in the sale from him because I'm pretty sure he's a fake. He's emailing people that have wtb ads for bali's just to steal money because he knows we can't do anything because it's a bali and against paypals policy. I saw someone post a wtb benchmade 42 ad so I emailed him and asked if Dingo12 emailed him as well. Sure enough he did! The guy said that he was saying that he would take any overs for his 42 but he also promised me a 42. How many 42's does this guy have?!!! I call bs and "Dingo 12" on BM forum and "John" on broken brains is a fake!"

From another person who emailed me about this, names edited because the person who let me use these emails requested his identity protected...

From "John":
I will when I have the time but for the time being I don't have the time to post vids, it's been a long time, I'll just sell it to another member,sorry to disturb you or anything

Dingo

From "****"
If you're still on youtube, then please post a new video under your account with the two items, plus a sheet of paper with "****" on it.

From"John"
I have lots of posts at benchmadecommunity and a good reputations, I have a knife blog even a youtube account with vids .

This is taken directly from my signature on other forums, btw...
Catch me on YouTube: www.youtube.com/PRSPl4yer <http://www.youtube.com/PRSPl4yer>

Check out my Blog:
WillMoonCustomKnives.blogspot.com

You're welcome sir, thanks for taking interest

From"****"
Hello,

I will decline for now unless you would be willing to ship first. Thank you for your time.

From "John":
Hello ****,

I don't know what way, I did TRIED my best FULLY! I tried forgotten password,security answers and questions. If you are gonna refuse to buy just tell me because I have another member who is really into buying my knifes, I did give you what I can proof..feedbacks links,ebay. I have a haven't flipping much lately and active on forums lately, I just want to get rid of my knifes it is used as display purposes only so it's really new in box never used it for cutting or flipping. I can assure you I am not selling fakes knife neither trying to scam you .Nonetheless, why would I scam you if I have a totally wonderful reputations out there and please decide quick

Dingo

From"****"
Hello,

I will decline until you can provide verified confirmation of your identity and feedback. If you can do this in another way, paypal will be sent within the hour.

Thank you.

From "John":
I have lots of reputation outside knifeforums , so what's your decision? I need a quick answer

From "John":
Hello ****,

Same problem, same email as ebay..this is all I can give / assist you, I am afraid you have to pass.I don't really know what to do next , I am just looking foward to give this a good home.It's okay if you pass, I have another member trying to buy one of my knife.I am not so reputable at knifeforums I just joined just to see if anyone interested on one of my knife I am selling, I tried my best answering all my social questions and answers. Sorry to disappoint you sir :)

Dingo

From "****"
No problem, I have sent you a PM on the benchmade forum. Please reply and I will get paypal incoming. If that doesn't work, I have one last alternative.

Conclusion: John Russel, AKA Dingo12 and aparently John on this forum is a SCAMMER.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JOHN. His email is russeljohn31@gmail.com.
<<

Mr.Bali-SongGuy

Post Tue May 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Dingo12 AKA John Russel SCAMMER

that is the same loser that scammed me a few months ago. everyone should know he's a scammer. keep the word going. He scammed me from the jerzee devil site though not from here.
The BM 42 is a God.

Return to Trusted or Busted