FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Introducing myself

<<

Hellspawn

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Introducing myself

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to say hi. I've seen there are some questions posted in the sticky, which help describe the poster, so here goes:

Where are you located?
In Argentina, in South America. That means I'm not an English native speaker, so please bear that in mind if you happen to take offense from something I say, for it may not be what I mean to convey (do doublecheck, just in case).

How did you find this place?
Googling, really. No mystery there.

Do you have a youtube channel? Website? Something similar?
Nope. I had a webcomic, but I had to put it aside when some other things came up. I do draw a strip every now and then, but it's not often.

How long have you been flipping?
Just about a month. I started watching random videos on youtube (and getting frustrated by the sheer difficulty I found in some moves) until I came across your list of moves, which made it easy to find a progression in the moves I was practising.

What got you started flipping?
I have a thing for knives and sharp weapons in general, and I do have a small collection at home, but I was lacking a ballisong (among other things I haven't got yet), so when I finally was able to purchase one (even though it is a cheap one, I have to admit), I didn't doubt, for they are hard to come across here.

What knives do you own?
Well, I have just one ballisong, the aforementioned cheap one (it's a "Trento", which I paid something like $20). Other than that, I'll just have to take a photograph of my collection, for I lack the proper vocabulary to tell you what they are.

What knives do you want?
Every one I can get.

Do you have any other hobbies?
Archery (I have to say it takes priority over knives regarding money spent) and writing (which I do hope ends up being more than just a hobby).

Do you have any 'behavioral abnormalities' that we should maybe be aware of?
I collect knives, so I can't say I'm strictly normal (something which applies to all of us, I think). Add to that the fact that I love shooting the cr..p out of inanimate things with my bow, and you'll get a picture of me :3

Do you have a hot sister?
No. I do have a sister, but she is in no way hot. You are welcome to keep her, though.
<<

Hellspawn

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Introducing myself

Well, it's not that I like threadmancing in general, but I came back to flipping (and to this forum) after five years of inactivity. To be honest, I do remember being unable to get into the forum and, add to that some family issues, the flipping thing sort of cooled off. Now it's back, and looking for tutorials on youtube, I found my way back here. I see the forum is not seeing much activity nowadays, but it's good to know it's still around
:)

Return to Introduce Yourself