Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Yosh!

So, I haven't been part of an actual forum community for years, and introducing myself is kind of awkward, so forgive me please. Anyways, I go by Redbriar online, but you could also always call me Josh, I don't really mind. I'm a half Taidam kid living in West Des Moines, Iowa and I used to spend a lot of time flipping.
Actually it was my father who got me into it. He's an asian martial artist, and one day when I was fourteen or fifteen he hands me a trainer and shows me some basic flips and such. As I practice, he eventually gives me a cheap mall balisong and shows me a little bit more. But everything he showed me was more practical and less flashy. So, he tells me to go onto youtube and look up tutorials for the less practical, more cool looking techniques. I never got great, but I flipped for a few years, got a couple few more knives, but eventually lost or broke all of them, and I stopped about three years ago.
That's where my friend came in. He more or less gave me my first Benchmade a couple days ago, a Mangus, and I love it. I went back online, checked out some of cutlerylover's videos to brush up, and that's how I found this website. It looks cool, I'm stoked to get back into balisong flipping, and I'm excited to talk to people and learn more.
So... for reading this? I hope we have some fone together later on!