Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:38 am

Gotta love this website's banner.

I got my first butterfly knife for $19 at the local swap meet here in Tacoma, WA when I was about 19 or 20. I learned how to open and close it (basic horizontal) and then it pretty much sat around for the next 15 years. I still have the damn thing and its still in one piece after all this time!

Last year I came across some youtube vids and was floored by what these guys were doing with their knives. I started off buying a variety of $20 to $30 balisongs, not wanting to invest too much in any one knife. Plus, I just liked collecting them for the diversity of their aesthetics and to get a feel for how each one flipped. As time went on I started to take flipping more seriously, watching tutorials by guys like Vincent Dark (aka Bitehandle), CalviNNation, and BalisongAddict. Eventually I realized that I needed something decent and sprung for a Flytanium 51 (V2) from Blade HQ. And ya, now I'm hooked!

The only other knife I own worth mentioning is the Bear-Song IV and I would NOT recommend it. After watching a review by Nardath I ordered 2 of them. But, even with locktite the pivot screws would work themselves ridiculously lose in just a matter of minutes. I sent one back and kept the other just because the thickness of the handles and the fact it was a bit 'blade heavy" made it unique amongst my collection.

So, through the rabbit hole that is the internet I've found my way onto this site. I'd really like to get my hands on a 4X, that's my main motivation for being here. But, I'm relatively new to the flipping community and am sure that I'll find all kinds of other cool stuff while I'm here. As for hobbies, I'm kind of a nerd. I like to read books, play chess, and am trying my hand at the piano. But, I'm also a bit of an adrenaline fiend. I like snowboarding and drifting my 300zx around corners when I'm feeling spunky. And behavioral abnormalities? Well, I suppose I have a few just like anyone else. . .

The first time I dropped acid I was attacked by an evil centaur. Sometimes I get the feeling he's still out there, galloping through the ether and just waiting for a wormhole to open up so he can burst through and drag me back to that other dimension, never to been heard from or seen again. But, I don't know if that actually qualifies as 'abnormal'.