FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Cold Steel Paradox

Moderator: T-man

<<

penguinpanda0

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Cold Steel Paradox

do you think its possible to mod it and make it into a flipper?
<<

fishydude

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: Cold Steel Paradox

i dont know how there are put together and how they work and stuff so it would be a fun project to try. :TU:
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:42 pm

oh hey alex, for your handmade, for handles, you should take a strip of purple heart and use a router to cut out a section and make it similar to the handle design on the 42.
<<

alerma

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:48 am

hey guys,

I found this on some other forum, again "I DID NOT WRITE THIS MOD"

Yes, I have done surgery on my Paradox and converted it to an easily operated Balisong style knife.* It works just as good as an Arc-Angel or a Benchmade Balisong 42.* The modification involves rounding off the flats where the leaf springs apply pressure to the blade.* I used a simple Dremmel tool and fine 400 grit sand paper.* Once the knife is disassembled, look at the blade*where the pivot holes are located.* Notice the flat areas where the spring applies pressure.* The knife takes three*opening steps, each is caused by a flat section which can be seen*about the pivot.* You want to leave the inner flat area between the pivot holes*untouched since this is*what the spring will use to lock the blade in the open position.**All the rest can be rounded off with a small grinding bit.* Once*you have them*properly shaped, polish the metal for a smooth fit against the springs.* I advise doing the rounding in small steps so as not to remove too much metal.* You*want the springs to apply a light pressure, but not so much as to*hinder the motion of slinging the handles open.* You can trial fit the blade into each handle using just one*handle side and spring.* Fit the blade and try it.* Remove more metal until the rotating movement is easy, then stop.* Remember, you can always take*more off, not put it back on!* Good luck, it turns the Paradox*into the knife it should have been.
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 am

It's a two-handled slipjoint. If you look into what makes slipjoints work, and what makes them not work, it can be hacked. You either grind the spring or the stop points on the tang.

Of course none of this information is to be used to circumvent the law.
But if it's an $80 aluminum handled aus8 bali you're after, then by all means.
<<

dtp3347

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:43 pm

I would love to see the results of someone doing this
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:17 pm

well hey if people say it'll work then you'll get your wish, i'll try it. :pirate_sail:
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 pm

whoa i looked at it and it closes very strangely... it doesnt even look like it's closed all the way.. =/
<<

bigmcluvn

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Damn, I wanna see pictures =P Haha
"Never Knows Best"
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:19 pm

http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecent ... CS24Pa.jpg seriously it looks kinda yucky when closed...

Return to The Knives We Flip