Moderator: T-man

<<

knifezoid

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Roton Review!

Thanks to eric78 I was able to have the Roton experience. Great bali
overall. It carries its 6.9oz very well due to good balance. Quality, fit,
finish are excellent. Hope you guys enjoy the review:

Guns for show, knives for a pro. ( [X] )
<<

c.wigum

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Re: Roton Review!

I left a comment at JD... but I'll say it again... WOW!!!

Excellent review :TU:
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:40 pm

OMG I NEED ONE! I wanted one before...that review sealed the deal for me.

Great review as always. Such a beautiful knife...
One question though. I don't know as much about flipping SS balis other than my Typhoon, which scratches easy. Will the Roton's handles scratch easily? I only ask because I like to flip all my knives, regardless of their cost or rarity, but I'd feel bad about getting that thing scratched...
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Great review! You talked about having to get on a waiting list for them. Where do you go to get on?
<<

knifezoid

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:39 pm

I don't think it would scratch that easily unless something that was metal and abrasive/sharp hit it with force.
It's built very well and great thing is you could probably very easily refinish it if it ever got worn out.

According to knifemart this one is available and they have it listed for $215. If that's the case you guys should
get one ASAP.

Guns for show, knives for a pro. ( [X] )
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Dang they're out, do they go for around $300 NIB on the secondary market?
<<

cja245

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 pm

they are always out. give rich a call and he'll get you on the list. ;)
"I wanna stab someone in the mouth and tell em to "Taste the Rainbow" -MoreBeef

6th Place - FAToC '10
http://www.youtube.com/user/cja245
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:10 am

So I just called and got my name on the backorder list for the reverse curve bowie. The person I talked to said that the last time she checked the list had about 10 people on it. She also said that they were expecting another batch of these within the next few weeks!!!

Also, she asked how I heard of the knife and I mentioned the forums and youtube. She said that there was recently a very well done youtube video about the knife by a talented man that got a high rating and they were very proud that the knife had that much praise.

They saw your video Knifezoid!! It's great to hear that they are paying attention to people's reactions on these knives. More companies should be that way.

Now I can't wait to get this thing!
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

Bommit

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Nice review! If I had a disposable income I'd probably pick up one!
<<

CDR_Glock

Post Fri May 13, 2011 6:12 pm

I like the review, ESP. Covering the performance aspects.

I will stick to lighter knives.

Great job, Knifezoid.
<<

Blackbird Lore

Post Tue May 17, 2011 5:10 pm

So it's a... recurve weehawk? In any case, I'd been considering, but now it's definitely on my list of future purchases *sigh*. It seems that list does nothing but lengthen.

Great review, although I think my laptop speakers are going out: I heard a lot of high-pitched scratchy noises every time your voice fluctuated.
Haters gonna hate.
<<

CDR_Glock

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:41 pm

I watched the review again, and started looking for one, used. I found one. I can't wait to try it. I only had double edged Rotons. I traded them off before I watched Knifezoid's double edged tutorial. Oh well.

Since my last post, I've tried heavier and heavier knives. I'm getting used to 5.5 to 7 oz knives.

7-9 oz is a bit much to do anything fun, for me.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 pm

CDR_Glock wrote:I watched the review again, and started looking for one, used. I found one. I can't wait to try it. I only had double edged Rotons. I traded them off before I watched Knifezoid's double edged tutorial. Oh well.

Since my last post, I've tried heavier and heavier knives. I'm getting used to 5.5 to 7 oz knives.

No way! Dibs on your Roton if you decide you don't want it :D
<<

CDR_Glock

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:49 am

DeadPuppy wrote:
CDR_Glock wrote:I watched the review again, and started looking for one, used. I found one. I can't wait to try it. I only had double edged Rotons. I traded them off before I watched Knifezoid's double edged tutorial. Oh well.

No way! Dibs on your Roton if you decide you don't want it :D

Haha!

I will have to see...

I used to think they were too heavy until I acquired some old school Balisongs. In retrospect, I should have boxed them up and waited to trade them. It took a while to get used to a 44 and 45. Then I got a Manila Folder, a 29 Knives, 41SS and old school Samson. Those made everything feel light.

Call Rich at Knife Mart. He will put you on the list. It may take a few months but you'll eventually get one. When I spoke to him in December, he was trying to see if the guy who does his blades was still working on the project with him.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:13 am

Yeah I spoke with somebody from Knifemart on the phone in January, she said she'd put me on the list and that I was somewhere around 10th. I know a few double edged were released since then but I haven't heard anything about the bowie. I suppose being patient will pay off though. What's waiting a few more months when some people wait years for their knives?
Next

Return to The Knives We Flip