FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Bearings

Moderator: T-man

<<

spyderguy

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:03 am

Re: Gold Class Morpho??? BM 32-81

Jason wrote:If it's who I think it is (name starts with an S) he started with typhoons.

I'd love to get a lesson or two from him. He only lives about 3.5 hours away from me.
- Canadians: you may not like us, but we're too drunk to care

- "Fair is a word that some simpering loser made up. Things are never fair. Fair is for faggots and people on welfare"

-the flipping arena: Deflating egos is what we do.
<<

mrneumann5000

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:08 am

oooh spyderguy, that all makes sence now! That would work. I wish I could be that creative! Cool
its better to have flipped and lost than never to have flipped at all
-slashncut
<<

mrneumann5000

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:16 am

Actually, I think that the Maxx Glide uses bearings, but somehow DDR put it in a channel construction bali, here take a look http://www.darrelralph.com/1mainframe.htm

If you scroll down it shows a drawing of what looks to be IKBS, but its the Maxx Glide (I think)
its better to have flipped and lost than never to have flipped at all
-slashncut
<<

droopdog666

Keeps Eyeballing Yer Sister...

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:32 am

maneumann5000 wrote:Actually, I think that the Maxx Glide uses bearings, but somehow DDR put it in a channel construction bali, here take a look http://www.darrelralph.com/1mainframe.htm

If you scroll down it shows a drawing of what looks to be IKBS, but its the Maxx Glide (I think)

yes, maxx glide uses bearings. there is more than one style of bearing in the world. what spyderguy was refering to is a roller bearing(also known as a timkin bearing), not a ball bearing. he wasnt saying that they dont use bearings.
Third Place - FATOC '09
Third place - FATOC '10

"vids or GTFO" since 2008.
<<

spyderguy

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:46 am

I must've mistaken maker names. I swear I've seen a pic somewhere of a knife with bearings similar to this recently

- Canadians: you may not like us, but we're too drunk to care

- "Fair is a word that some simpering loser made up. Things are never fair. Fair is for faggots and people on welfare"

-the flipping arena: Deflating egos is what we do.
<<

droopdog666

Keeps Eyeballing Yer Sister...

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:54 am

looks nice. if you remember who it was post some pics up.....i wanna see this thing
that syle of caged bearing would make alot more sense to me in a knife. just pop the beaing in like a spacer and go!
Third Place - FATOC '09
Third place - FATOC '10

"vids or GTFO" since 2008.
<<

FaultyPly

Runs wtih Scissors

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Bearings

Yepp, Maxx glide uses those rollers. A bearing is any device used to reduce friction... KY?
"Well, if you live, you wanna give or get old; And if you never knew that we get old, you live it up. You live it up, you get old"
FkeSpydrFly wrote:watch out for that weed it might kill your grandpa

<<

grumpy

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:52 am

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just came across it and thought I'd settle since I've owned one of his bali's with this crap "maxx glide". Its essentially IKBS but with a metal cap on both sides of the bearings. One cap sits inside the handle race and one against the blade. Picture a flat metal bowl with a hole in the center for the pivot and the bearings inside surrounding the pivot. He says its to keep out the debris, but I say its a way of turning a good system(IKBS) into something that sucks so you can patent it and make some mola. I spent $1500 on it, waited 8 months and my $200 BM 42's were 10x better flippers. They caps hinder the bearings from spinning freely because the caps themselves move. I sent it back because the bearings flew out. He then gave me shit and told me to not to take it apart after selling me 2 other blades for it. I waited another 4 months to get it back and found out he nor his son built it. It was some "assistant". Pissed me off that I spent that much, talked to him countless times on the building of the knife and he never even helped make it.I then traded it for an HK MK23. Point is...stay away from crap to the maxx glide bali's. Jose
<<

slashncut

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:48 am

perhaps something to put in the "the good bad and ugly" section of the forum
FATOC 2009 first place
FATOC 2010 first place
FATOC 2011 first place(shared)
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 am

Nah, it's useful for research.

Grumpy... I'm having a little trouble picturing what you're typing, but I think I got it...

Because the washers are between the bearings and the handle/blade, the bearings aren't rolling, but grabbing onto the washers, while the washers are doing all the spinning, thus creating friction.

Does that sound about right?
<<

FaultyPly

Runs wtih Scissors

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:24 am

Man, Talk about grumpy!!! :lol:

Just kidding man. Great to hear some input on the system. Sounds like a big pain in the ass.... :hump:
"Well, if you live, you wanna give or get old; And if you never knew that we get old, you live it up. You live it up, you get old"
FkeSpydrFly wrote:watch out for that weed it might kill your grandpa

<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:06 am

same thing happend to balibowler grump, and he was just as pissed and had just as much hassle from DDR and his pals.

I would take jasons agumented tsunami over any DDR bali. at least if something goes wrong your not out 1500 big ones.

shrug-
Loosey
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous

Return to The Knives We Flip