<<

Nicholas3

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Rumors on new line of Balisongs?

<<

Luke oX

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Ha! Those knives do not look like they are worth those prices!

slashncut wrote:It's better to have flipped and lost than to have never flipped at all.
<<

Fargaminium

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:26 pm

if MSRP on them is like $230 then second hand stores will probably sell for under 200 which isnt a terrible price considering the materials used, I probably wont get one unless they prove to be AMAZING flippers, I dont like the look...
Muhammed Ali had it all wrong, butterflies sting plenty
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Don't judge the knives on the looks, they're just drawings. They don't show the hex pivots nor the spring latch that they said they were going to have. And considering the msrp on the benchmade 51, if these knives have nearly as good fit and finish that benchmade has they'd be worth the msrp of 230. Not so much for the 700+ on the damascus and carbon fiber ones in my opinion. They use a high quality blade steel, and probably the same for the steel liners, and G10 is not crap like other options, as well as the fact that they're made in the USA, so the 'high' msrp's not that high in reality.
<<

Fargaminium

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Quintocer0s wrote:Don't judge the knives on the looks, they're just drawings. They don't show the hex pivots nor the spring latch that they said they were going to have.

Thats probably true, i didnt like the look of the 51 at first but I love it now, I just hope they turn out to be good flippers
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:56 pm

I liked my 51 before and after I bought it, but then I was pretty sure I'd love anything benchmade made. (they fucked that up with the 53)
<<

Silent Jay

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:13 pm

People also seem to forget that g-10 machining is not only a pain in the ass, but it's not cheap.

I wanna see how it comes out, but I honestly have high hopes for this one. You guys need to get your heads out of your ass about looks and the MSRP listed on the site by the company.

I've made this point before and I'll make it again (in regards to people bitching about price).

BM 42 has an MSRP of $280, and when it was in production, it was common to find and buy them for only $125.
The BM 51 (currently in production) has an MSRP of $260, and it's common to find it at a sub $200 price.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

cja245

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm really just waiting for actual pictures and possibly an opinion from someone with flipping credentials. As of now (based on the computer drawings) i don't like the looks at all. Something about it looks unproportional to my eyes. That said, the price is not outrageous for a balisong, so long as the quality matches the price. So if its a good flipper and it is made well, you can be sure that i will buy one. But i'm not holding my breath. The whole bear ops line seems to be more of a ploy to get in the ridiculously large market for anything "tacticool". Make anything with G10 and S30V and it will sell. Honestly i am a lot more excited about the bradley/kershaw bali. I think that is really the knife everyone has been waiting for.
"I wanna stab someone in the mouth and tell em to "Taste the Rainbow" -MoreBeef

6th Place - FAToC '10
http://www.youtube.com/user/cja245
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 pm

cja245 wrote:Honestly i am a lot more excited about the bradley/kershaw bali. I think that is really the knife everyone has been waiting for.

Does anyone have more info on this? I really don't know anything about it and it sounds interesting.
<<

Fargaminium

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 pm

GetTheFood11 wrote:
cja245 wrote:Honestly i am a lot more excited about the bradley/kershaw bali. I think that is really the knife everyone has been waiting for.

Does anyone have more info on this? I really don't know anything about it and it sounds interesting.

I was just thinking the same thing, is it an expansion on the Kimuras? Trainers perhaps?
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:20 pm

I believe that they are done with the Kimuras and starting a whole new design. Just what I've heard though.
<<

Fargaminium

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Geez Kershaw keeps it moving dont they, now why cant Benchmade take a tip? :roll:
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Fargaminium wrote:Geez Kershaw keeps it moving dont they, now why cant Benchmade take a tip? :roll:

Because benchmade is no longer pacific cutlery...and because benchmade is now just about profits. It's hard to make profits when you're constantly refitting the machines to make new knives...most of which aren't that popular outside the balisong community, which isn't exactly huge and profitable. They have the 51 as their "flipper" the 32 as the "mini" and the 53 as the edc. To them that's all they need.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

Silent Jay

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 pm

DeadPuppy wrote:
Fargaminium wrote:Geez Kershaw keeps it moving dont they, now why cant Benchmade take a tip? :roll:

Because benchmade is no longer pacific cutlery...and because benchmade is now just about profits. It's hard to make profits when you're constantly refitting the machines to make new knives...most of which aren't that popular outside the balisong community, which isn't exactly huge and profitable. They have the 51 as their "flipper" the 32 as the "mini" and the 53 as the edc. To them that's all they need.

They're a company, can;t blame them for making and selling what people actually buy. They have workers they need to pay, various other expenses, and in order to continue operating, they need money.

Sure, I think Benchmade over charges on some things, but really, the 42 was in production for OVER 10 YEARS. It's something that there's so many of out there, it's a pain in the ass to actually continue to produce and sell when they have other knives that are more in demand.

You guys have to remember, balisongs are a VERY small part of Benchmade these days because due to legality issues in msot states and other countries, it's not in their best interests to push it too much.

Anyway, again, we'll see how this all turns out once they actually come out
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

DeadPuppy

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Silent Jay wrote:They're a company, can;t blame them for making and selling what people actually buy. They have workers they need to pay, various other expenses, and in order to continue operating, they need money.

Sure, I think Benchmade over charges on some things, but really, the 42 was in production for OVER 10 YEARS. It's something that there's so many of out there, it's a pain in the ass to actually continue to produce and sell when they have other knives that are more in demand.

You guys have to remember, balisongs are a VERY small part of Benchmade these days because due to legality issues in msot states and other countries, it's not in their best interests to push it too much.

Anyway, again, we'll see how this all turns out once they actually come out

I can't disagree with you. I understand they are a company doing what they have to do, and from what I've heard they treat their workers very well. I was just saying that balisongs are far from their priority nowadays.

PS, I didn't think the 42 has been out for 10 years? As far as I knew, the 42 as we know it came out in the 2000s... for some reason I was thinking 2002, but I can't remember what made me think that...
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip