FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

unidentified benchmade trainer knife.

Moderator: T-man

<<

xtjx09

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:20 pm

unidentified benchmade trainer knife.

ello,

So hope I'm in the right forum, but I ordered a knife off Amazon, pretty cheap I may add, and when it got here I was in shock. It is branded benchmade, with made in the USA printed on the other side. I looked it up, and it looks like a model 40 trainer. Now my dumb question, did I get an amazing deal, or can china actually brand a knife like that?
<<

jack10685

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:47 am

Re: unidentified benchmade trainer knife.

They're not supposed to, but they do. You purchased a china clone.
<<

hannam72

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:27 am

Yea there are clones all over ebay too. Trust me you won't find a 40t for under $100 they could go for hundreds unless you were really lucky and the person didn't know what they were seling.
<<

xtjx09

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:31 pm

it's still a decent trainer blade. the screws are cheap, but it seems decently made. I just use it when I'm unsure if I'm gonna cut myself learning a trick anyways.
<<

hannam72

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:20 pm

I had bought a couple clones when I first got into flipping and as a flipper they are decent. It sucks that they had to copy an American design instead of coming up with their own. They are also a heavy flipper compared to a real 42 which I do like as I feel it makes me flip my real 42 faster.
<<

TDknife

Post Wed May 28, 2014 12:46 am

yes what haman says is totaly right a fake bench made is to heavy compared to a real bench made bali
it's a good flipper for beginners the fake but when you do power areals or fast combo's and stuff the fake bali will brake after couple of hours just like it did when i have a fake one.
and i only have practiced above my bed so it where the tang pins that are shit :s
if you wanna get a good trainer knife and you don't want to buy an expensive bali like the benchmade ,
just buy a trainer or live blade from bear and son ! those aro low price and they stay intact all the time

Return to The Knives We Flip