FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Bear OPS Bear-song IV vs II

Moderator: T-man

<<

ballinkrauland

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Bear OPS Bear-song IV vs II

So I've decided to get my first bali, and I've narrowed down my results
I don't really want to drop $250 or whatever it is on a bm51, though I don't want to buy a CCC for $20 and have it break in a week.
That's why I decided I'd be looking to spend around $80-$90 on a decent, well made balisong.
After browsing the forums, I decided that a bradley kimura was the right choice, but soon realized that they are discontinued and and practically impossible to find.

So I looked around a bit, and found the Bear-song 4, and the Bear-song 2. Both seem to be fine knives, though the bear-song II is a bit more expensive than the bear-song IV (Though I don't know why).
I honestly don't know which to go with, so I decided posting on this forum would be best, as there are more experienced flippers on this site, as well as those who own one or maybe even both of these knives. Thanks for any help, and I am open to suggestions on other knives as well. Thank you!
<<

hannam72

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Re: Bear OPS Bear-song IV vs II

I'm assuming you are talking about the b400 and the b200. I have both, and I would recommend the b400 over the b200. Honestly though you would better better off buying something more quality. Bear and son/bear ops has hit or miss quality. The two I have are decent, but I know people that had their knives fall apart. If you can suck it up go a little more expensive on a knife that has a warranty. The price will be worth it between performance and durability. Just my two cents
<<

ballinkrauland

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Yes, the B400 and B200 are the ones I was talking about, and thanks for the insight. Maybe I'll looking into a bm51 or something
<<

hannam72

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:26 pm

I would preorder a replicant if there are any left. Its a little more but in my opinion its worth it.

Return to The Knives We Flip