FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Index Rollover Help

Moderator: slashncut

<<

newflipper

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Index Rollover Help

OK, finally got the y2k down but the index rollover is kicking my butt. Feels like the handle I throw out hits the index finger rather than rolling over it and I get frustrated. Yeah, I'm practicing but any tips would be appreciated. A couple good videos might help.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Index Rollover Help

Make sure you have your finger at the pivot point of the knifeso it can swing around....do it slow...practice over the bed or close to the floor with a pillow and just attempt to allow it to roll over, but dont try to catch it at first let the knife fall until you get used to the feel...then add the catch......might help....good luck
<<

newflipper

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 am

JJhamilton wrote:Make sure you have your finger at the pivot point of the knifeso it can swing around....do it slow...practice over the bed or close to the floor with a pillow and just attempt to allow it to roll over, but dont try to catch it at first let the knife fall until you get used to the feel...then add the catch......might help....good luck

Thanks for the input. I'll be working on it this evening.
<<

Klockwyse

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:42 am

By index rollover you mean normal safe handle grip to inverted bite handle grip? This one gave me a lot of trouble too. Make sure you keep your middle finger out of the path or you'll have a fucked up fingernail. Also try moving your index finger slighty up or down during the roll to keep the blade pivoting on your finger and not flying off.

Hope you get it down.
<<

Klockwyse

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Also, practice it starting off holding the bite handle so if you screw up you don't get cut.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Klockwyse wrote:Also, practice it starting off holding the bite handle so if you screw up you don't get cut.

Good tip forgot that...thats how my wife learned.....i was hard headed and badaged up when i learned
<<

Klockwyse

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:44 pm

I just cut my middle finger open on this trick playing with my 42 -_-

Return to The Art of Flipping