FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Cuts...

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Fargaminium

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Cuts...

Erenoth wrote:Most of these are definitely aerial cuts, and to settle your mind, aren't nearly as bad as the photos make them appear. I've only been flipping a few months now, and have received somewhere around fifty bites since then, and I've noticed the only remotely severe cuts come from heavier knives. If you're flipping a Kimura, be warned, because 20 minutes after getting my first, I ended up -literally- dicing off a finger pad. With my 42, or even Spyderfly, however, I've only received nicks and paper cuts; nothing sever, and nothing that even required a bandage to heal- though liquid bandage hastens the recovery process.

I've yet to flip a 51, but even if it's edge is as sharp as some make it out to be, I'd imagine you would have to try very hard to get a bad cut with it. It's just far too lightweight to inflict damage otherwise.

I flip both a 51(until recently :cry: ) and a Kimura 2 when i would get cut with my 51 I would feel it, look for it and start to see blood surfacing. With the kimura I had blood dripping from my hand before I dropped the knife...
Muhammed Ali had it all wrong, butterflies sting plenty
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:38 pm

PyroManiacXIII wrote:Haha, man browsing this thread maybe wasn't such a great idea. I'm just starting to learn how to flip, and I've already gotten three knicks on my my fingers from my BM 51 just this past week, the last of which being the worst.

dont worry the worst is still to come especially if u get a spear tipped kimmura :lol:
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA
<<

Erenoth

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Fargaminium wrote:
Erenoth wrote:Most of these are definitely aerial cuts, and to settle your mind, aren't nearly as bad as the photos make them appear. I've only been flipping a few months now, and have received somewhere around fifty bites since then, and I've noticed the only remotely severe cuts come from heavier knives. If you're flipping a Kimura, be warned, because 20 minutes after getting my first, I ended up -literally- dicing off a finger pad. With my 42, or even Spyderfly, however, I've only received nicks and paper cuts; nothing sever, and nothing that even required a bandage to heal- though liquid bandage hastens the recovery process.

I've yet to flip a 51, but even if it's edge is as sharp as some make it out to be, I'd imagine you would have to try very hard to get a bad cut with it. It's just far too lightweight to inflict damage otherwise.

I flip both a 51(until recently :cry: ) and a Kimura 2 when i would get cut with my 51 I would feel it, look for it and start to see blood surfacing. With the kimura I had blood dripping from my hand before I dropped the knife...

Yep, that's the sign of a sharp, clean blade. I'm finally getting to "enjoy" that feeling with the replacement blade on my 42, though because of how lightweight it is, most cuts resemble that from printing paper.
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:46 am

3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

Blackbird Lore

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:01 am

Figured it was time to give evidence that I'm not just sitting on my hands.

It's not great quality (taken from my laptop's webcam) but it'll have to do for now. You can't make it out, but it's four (maybe five, I'm no longer sure) cuts overlapping. They're all thanks to the damn "Around the World." I tried to take a picture of the other side of my finger which has just as many, but they didn't show up. And of course the villain (or victim of my poor skills) is there with blood along the handle. K2.
Haters gonna hate.
<<

PyroManiacXIII

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 pm

I've got a question for everyone who's willing to perform the more risky moves out there that end up requiring stitches: do you do anything for a living or hobby-wise that would be troublesome with some of those really deep cuts in your palms/hands?

I'm afraid to start learning aerials with a live blade for fear of grabbing the blade or stabbing my palm, because if my hand goes out of commission, I'm basically screwed for however long it takes to heal. I'm not a surgeon or anything, but what I do requires precision with my hands and fingers. I do have a trainer, but I really only bought that so that I can exercise my fingers when I'm not at home so that people don't get freaked out about me twirling a knife. Otherwise, I practice with my BM 51.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are.

- Pyro
<<

Palethius

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Tape your blade. Doesn't stop stabbing, but it won't cut you.
#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:08 pm

PyroManiacXIII wrote:I've got a question for everyone who's willing to perform the more risky moves out there that end up requiring stitches: do you do anything for a living or hobby-wise that would be troublesome with some of those really deep cuts in your palms/hands?

I'm afraid to start learning aerials with a live blade for fear of grabbing the blade or stabbing my palm, because if my hand goes out of commission, I'm basically screwed for however long it takes to heal. I'm not a surgeon or anything, but what I do requires precision with my hands and fingers. I do have a trainer, but I really only bought that so that I can exercise my fingers when I'm not at home so that people don't get freaked out about me twirling a knife. Otherwise, I practice with my BM 51.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are.

- Pyro

its not always ur hand i did a number on my foot and had to walk with crutches for a while so i didnt rip back open the cut again but.... i did any way cause i got pissed at the crutches and stopped using them

TSCKBTA
<<

PyroManiacXIII

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:43 pm

taylob15 wrote:its not always ur hand i did a number on my foot and had to walk with crutches for a while so i didnt rip back open the cut again but.... i did any way cause i got pissed at the crutches and stopped using them

Whoa, were you flipping w/o shoes or any sort of foot protection? Or did the blade actually go through something in order to reach your foot???

- Pyro
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 pm

PyroManiacXIII wrote:
taylob15 wrote:its not always ur hand i did a number on my foot and had to walk with crutches for a while so i didnt rip back open the cut again but.... i did any way cause i got pissed at the crutches and stopped using them

Whoa, were you flipping w/o shoes or any sort of foot protection? Or did the blade actually go through something in order to reach your foot???

- Pyro

i used to never flip with shoes on i thought it was to much of a pain i think its like 3 pages earlier with my cut on it i igot a pretty good scar now to

TSCKBTA
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:23 pm

3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:02 am

"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

feenxfire

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:36 pm

You know you need more practice when...

<<

SaintAffliction

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Ive been so used to a dull knife. What can I say. Plus the K2 is alot heavier than the Arc-Angel. I just gotta get used to it. 8-) but Im sure I'll cut myself worse before I get used to it tho. :lol:
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:45 pm

I remember my first paper cut...
fke
PreviousNext

Return to The Art of Flipping