FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Cubes

<<

G4Torque

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:53 am

Re: Cubes

No way! I was into speed cubing 2 years ago I seriously forgot all about it until I saw this thread. I seem to keep moving on after I get really good at something every year :roll: Speed Cubing>Card Flourishing+Tricks>Balisongs(Started 4 Days ago).
<<

Boomaga

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:00 am

G4Torque wrote:No way! I was into speed cubing 2 years ago I seriously forgot all about it until I saw this thread. I seem to keep moving on after I get really good at something every year :roll: Speed Cubing>Card Flourishing+Tricks>Balisongs(Started 4 Days ago).

Speed Cubing>Card Flourishing?
<<

G4Torque

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Boomaga wrote:
G4Torque wrote:No way! I was into speed cubing 2 years ago I seriously forgot all about it until I saw this thread. I seem to keep moving on after I get really good at something every year :roll: Speed Cubing>Card Flourishing+Tricks>Balisongs(Started 4 Days ago).

Woops may have confused you there. I did Speed Cubing for a year Moved onto Card Flourishing for a year and Now I just recently started playing with Balisongs. That was just the order I did them in :D
<<

Boomaga

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:05 am

G4Torque wrote:
Boomaga wrote:

Woops may have confused you there. I did Speed Cubing for a year Moved onto Card Flourishing for a year and Now I just recently started playing with Balisongs. That was just the order I did them in :D

I meant, What is this "card flourishing" you speak of...
<<

XvHAMvX

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:07 pm

WOW i would have never guess of speed cubing on here but here it is two of my favorite hobbies whats your guys 3x3 solve times?
<<

theyreafterme

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 am

XvHAMvX wrote:WOW i would have never guess of speed cubing on here but here it is two of my favorite hobbies whats your guys 3x3 solve times?

My best 3x3 was 31 seconds, but I haven't practiced in awhile so now I'd probably be luck if I could get under a minute.
<<

XvHAMvX

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Nice I right now am working on fridrich f2l (yes i know i probly spelled that wrong) and i sit at about 45 seconds i actually won a butterfly knife for solving a rubiks cube in under a minute :D
<<

Boomaga

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:19 pm

XvHAMvX wrote:Nice I right now am working on fridrich f2l (yes i know i probly spelled that wrong) and i sit at about 45 seconds i actually won a butterfly knife for solving a rubiks cube in under a minute :D

this knife... was it a CCC? and what is this "Fridrich f2l" you speak of...
<<

XvHAMvX

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:55 am

lmao yeah was justa cheapo i got nicer knives but one extra couldnt hurt right? and fridrich f2l is a speed cube method people who get really good with it can solve in about 20 seconds or so the link is for the method not how to do it if you cube already you might know of it http://cubefreak.net/speed/cfop/
<<

cja245

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:58 am

i've tried and failed miserably. :|
"I wanna stab someone in the mouth and tell em to "Taste the Rainbow" -MoreBeef

6th Place - FAToC '10
http://www.youtube.com/user/cja245
<<

XvHAMvX

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:47 pm

its really not that bad to learn i recommend a beginner method to start probly dan brown he does pretty good for a tutorial on how to solve a cube with his method i got my solve time down to about a little over a minute and now fridrich f2l i got down to like 40-45 seconds heres the vids of dan browns method pretty easy to learn you just have to work on solving it a couple of times and not thinking of learn the algorithms and if you just work on actually doing them you can get them in muscle memory and it also helps to watch where the pieces are going to recognized the moves more

<<

brad5452

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Could someone give me some tips on how to solve a rubik's cube? Not as in do this, then that, then this, but what the general technique is? I want to solve it using mind skills, not by following instructions.
<<

theyreafterme

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:52 pm

brad5452 wrote:Could someone give me some tips on how to solve a rubik's cube? Not as in do this, then that, then this, but what the general technique is? I want to solve it using mind skills, not by following instructions.

Most people generally solve by layer. like you would finish a face making sure that all the edges were in the correct spots, then you solve the middle layer, then you solve the top. The bottom layer is pretty intuitive, but the other layers require algorithms which with enough time you can come up with on your own. I used a tutorial to solve the 3x3 but I made up my own method for the megaminx.
<<

XvHAMvX

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah the tutorial i posted is one of the easier method to learn and this guy is really good watch it a few times and u will learn it pretty easy
<<

Dudinkalv

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:20 pm

This video is more than three years old, but it's me, solving a cube. I'm a bit faster now though ^^

PreviousNext

Return to Flipping Everything Else