FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

anyone else into card magic, gambling sleights, etc?

<<

sheneniganer

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: anyone else into card magic, gambling sleights, etc?

Haha I wasn't really serious, I just was hinting to the idea; how cool it was their was a chick that did card manipulation, flourishes, magic and flips, and it didn't hurt that she is attractive.
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 pm

sheneniganer wrote:Haha I wasn't really serious, I just was hinting to the idea; how cool it was their was a chick that did card manipulation, flourishes, magic and flips, and it didn't hurt that she is attractive.

haha just give it up dude.
why would she want you when fke is here?
i mean look what happends when u say my name. chicks dig that shit :lol:
fke
<<

sheneniganer

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:43 pm

FkeSpydrFly wrote:
sheneniganer wrote:Haha I wasn't really serious, I just was hinting to the idea; how cool it was their was a chick that did card manipulation, flourishes, magic and flips, and it didn't hurt that she is attractive.

haha just give it up dude.
why would she want you when fke is here?
i mean look what happends when u say my name. chicks dig that shit :lol:

Fuck, I guess I wasn't thinking :oops: :lol:
If it came down to flipping prowess, maybe that shit would work :lol:
But if it came down to grammatical superiority, well then we are both fucked because I can't spel rit and you don't know what happends.
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:45 pm

and if it came down to looks forget about it. :lol:
no but seriously EKat if you are reading this we arnt creepers (well im not) we are just joking
fke
<<

sheneniganer

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 pm

FkeSpydrFly wrote:no but seriously EKat if you are reading this we arnt creepers (well im not) we are just joking

speak for yourself... :lol:
But seriously,
yea what FKE said, hope you don't take offense all in jest, if I owe you an apology let me know... :TU:

EDIT: Fuck sorry for mucking up this thread with my nonsense, I got carried away :oops:
Last edited by sheneniganer on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 pm

No we aren't
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

droopdog666

Keeps Eyeballing Yer Sister...

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:48 pm

wow, shes gotten a lot better at flipping since last saw her flip.
Third Place - FATOC '09
Third place - FATOC '10

"vids or GTFO" since 2008.
<<

SsAdrianK

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 am

im actually really into this stuff and would kill to learn some of your tricks and manipulations
SsAdrianK
<<

Boomaga

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm

shit shit shit I need to learn D:

and she was amazing D:
<<

Arcbaliangel

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:48 am

i love card magic and can do a few tricks but dude i dont know much haha would love to learn
Flipping isn't a Crime, But not Flipping is ;]
<<

Vincent_Dark

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 pm

card flourishes are highly dextrous.

but card magic is a whole nother art...it is performance and people skills, and the ability to make someone see something that never really happened.
it takes years to be good at card magic...yeah, you can learn some tricks...but they don't mean anything until you can perform them. and you can get a grasp on card mechanics and sleight of hand and the art of deception.

if you can't sell your skills and personality to an audience....than you will fail.

its not even about being technical..but just knowing the sleights involved and what can be achieved with them.

when i go out to bars and stuff and perform magic for drinks....i'm not doing the state of the art newest trend out there...i stick with old principles and tried and true methods....classic passes, culls, palms, forces....all basic things, but still need to be done right. I use my character performance and body language and social skills to sell the effect. the audience must connect with you on a certain level..which is why magic tricks performed for a camera basically cut the effect in half.

i've taken a simple force and the proper use of faro placement to destroy people at a bar over and over again..gaining 50 bucks and 7 free drinks..all because i engaged the spectators with a certain personality and entertained them and made each persons experience unique..even though i was using the same principles card mechanic wise.....to each person it was something new and the fact that i let them have some say as to where the card would go or what it would be or what conditions should be set..added to the atmosphere and let them feel as if they had some say in to the turn of events even though i was in control the entire time.
"Traveling at the speed of dark"
agent number 4..I /rollz for the lulz...a new standard has been set.
This message was brought to you by your friends, at the other side.
<<

intamin33

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Oh awesome someone else who's into card flourishing. I sort of feel like I'm digging this thread up from the grave but what the hell right? To be honest I never truly got into magic because it definitely is more about how you sell the trick than what you're actually doing and I'm no good at fooling people haha. Flourishing was actually my hobby right before this but yeah it can get pretty frustrating haha. I still pick them up every now and then but not nearly as much as I used to. My favorite flourishers would probably be De'vo, the Buck twins and Daniel Madison haha. BTW nice videos Vince, I can't wait to learn some knife tricks off of you
Previous

Return to Flipping Everything Else