FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

SOLD - Benchmade 42, 154CM + factory installed PB washers

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

Erenoth

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:53 am

SOLD - Benchmade 42, 154CM + factory installed PB washers

Up for sold is my coveted 42. I bought a FHM a couple months ago, and haven't touched my 42 much since, so it's off to someone who deserves it.

I purchased this in March '11, it's had one previous owner aside from me, who purchased it back in '05. Receipt from the original owner (detailing it's hilarious $129.95 pricetag at the time) will be included, along with the original blue-box and papers. When I purchased it, the blade had a bit of rust due to being shelf-queened for too long, and I ended up having Benchmade replace the blade and everything else apart from the handles under warranty. For those unaware, it's also valuable to note that the pre-2008 model 42's were of significant build quality over the limited-runs Benchmade released before discontinuing the knife. This has very smooth, satin-finished handles, unlike the rough 400-grit halfassery you'll see nowadays. The total cost of the knife at this point was $330, which Is what I'm willing to sell it for along with $5 for flat-rate shipping. Insurance can be added for an additional $3.

New latch+spring, screws, pivots and blade sharper than a NIB Kimura. I had Benchmade install incredibly phosphor-bronze washers as well, so the smoothness of the pivot is virtually unbeatable outside of custom jobs. Everything has been maintained with multiple coatings of heat treated militec-1 throughout the months, and blue loctite 242 to maintain smoothness. The only defect in the knife is that like any dedicated flipper, it doesn't have a "perfect" tip. It's still sharp enough to stab, however. The blade has been honed to an almost straight-razor like bevel, and is very sharp. Keep this in mind. The photos you'll see below don't really do it justice, and don't mind the microscopic scratches and nylon fibers (from the sheathe)

To recap- $335 shipped CONUS for everything on the table in the below photos, minus my Spyderco Sage, of course; each PM who expresses interest will receive my PayPal account to make the payment through (goods +4% preferred, but gift is alright as well if you'd like to save $13). I've been around these forums the the better part of the past year, and have a few feedback reports to back up my items.

Here's some photos, enjoy:

http://imageshack.us/g/31/img0668gq.jpg/

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Erenoth on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Erenoth

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:35 am

Re: FS: Benchmade 42, 154CM + factory installed PB washers

Possibly sold, awaiting payment.
<<

Erenoth

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Re: FS: Benchmade 42, 154CM + factory installed PB washers

Sold.
<<

droopdog666

Keeps Eyeballing Yer Sister...

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:03 am

Re: SOLD - Benchmade 42, 154CM + factory installed PB washers

what was the sale price? does anybody read the rules before posting for sale ads at all?
Third Place - FATOC '09
Third place - FATOC '10

"vids or GTFO" since 2008.
<<

Silent Jay

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:40 am

Re: SOLD - Benchmade 42, 154CM + factory installed PB washers

Erenoth wrote:
To recap- $335 shipped CONUS for everything on the table in the below photos, minus my Spyderco Sage, of course

droopdog666 wrote:what was the sale price? does anybody read the rules before posting for sale ads at all?

This one actually did get it right.

But you're sadly right, too many folks have no idea how to read the rules.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

Return to Sold