FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Smallfly + Smallfly Trainer: Both for the price of one.

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

penguinpanda0

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Smallfly + Smallfly Trainer: Both for the price of one.

The title says it all, my friends. If you've ever wanted a smallfly, nows your chance. All sorts of things to do with a spare trainer. Hell, you could even sell it and make most of your money back. The place is autoknifeworks.com . Happy flipping.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Smallfly + Smallfly Trainer: Both for the price of one.

Great find!!! I was trying to save my money but I'm seriously considering this...
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

uwanaugoda

Leaves dried blood on Kimuras.

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:56 am

Good spot, but looks more like spam than a spot. I don't know i could even trust this website. :TU:
FaultyPly- "My cocks breaks the glass in your optical lenses while I skull fuck you"
Crockus- "guess Im just used to "small things"
<<

HappyDonut

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 am

autoknifeworks.com is a great site to buy from so if you're interested go for it. They're very reliable and trustworthy.
<<

nixHunter

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:01 am

uwanaugoda wrote:Good spot, but looks more like spam than a spot. I don't know i could even trust this website. :TU:

This is where 3 people i know bought their BM51 from :) good site...and quick service.
<<

JohnnyBmore

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:11 am

I received great service from Autoknifeworks.com !!! I even thought about this deal with the Smallfly already I guess I could have been nice & spread the word .. I didn't think about it :oops: ..
" Emergencies seldom favor the unprepared "
<<

cja245

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm

smallflys are cool :TU:
"I wanna stab someone in the mouth and tell em to "Taste the Rainbow" -MoreBeef

6th Place - FAToC '10
http://www.youtube.com/user/cja245
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:57 pm

I heard smallflys werent all that great compared to the real spyderfly... anyway I got my Kimura from that site. i reccomend them.
<<

HappyDonut

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I wouldn't compare the smallfly to the spyderfly. They're in different categories, the smallfly = edc, spyderfly is a flipper, it's a difficult comparison. Now if you're just looking at the flippin capabilities, the smallfly doesn't compare. It's too small to do much.
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm

I use my Kimura (its bulky and heavy but hey, it fits in my pocket, might as well use it.) as edc so... the flipability is all that matters. :lol:
<<

fishydude

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:00 pm

i heard from a lot of sites that the smallfly was a peice of junk. i dont belive, them but i agree that the spyderfly is better in every way
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:31 am

I ordered them, so I guess I'll be the judge of how good or bad they are. If nothing else, they're a cool addition to the collection.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

cja245

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 am

I like them. I have the smallfly set and a full sized spyderfly. How does it compare to the spyderfly? 1. The handles are shorter....duh. 2. the knife is made and finished phenomenally better than the spyderfly. The main thing i like is the pivots are way smoother. I like the combination of SS liners, G10 and large heavy handle spacers. It has very little play in the handles and is incredible smooth. Its a good weight and it gives a lot of momentum for what it is. 154CM blade steel is a big step up from the spyderfly (440c version). Also IMO the easiest steel to sharpen. On a side note, aside from the bushings, this thing is made very similar to the Basilisk if that says anything. Alright how does it flip? First off. I'm guilty of it myself, but people put way too much emphasis on how good of a flipper a knife is and way to little emphasis on how good of a flipper THEY are. So yeah. That being said; Let me tell you from experience that it is more than capable of doing all the tricks currently being done with ease, though; if you've never flipped a 3 inch knife before or haven't put the time in to get used to it, your going to suck it up. But don't fault the knife for your lack of skill. So what category is this knife. Welly said edc... I like to think of it as an edc flipper with cutting capabilities. Its that light little knife you carry around so you can flip where ever happen to have some down time. And if you have to cut something..... it does that too. Plus its a Spyderco. What more could you ask for?

So to summarize:
Spyderco? Check USA? Check
Is it made better than the spyderfly? Yes.
Does the spyderfly flip better than its little brother? For most people....Yes.
Can i flip the smallfly as good as the spyderfly? Of course. (put the time in and you can too.)
Downsides? Short handles. Why is that a downside?
Because people will call it a shitty flipper. Why?
Because they themselves are shitty flippers.
Which should i get? Spyderfly or Smallfly? BOTH!

Also worth noting is that if Spyderco made a 4in G10 spyderflly, it would sell like hot cakes. :cake:
"I wanna stab someone in the mouth and tell em to "Taste the Rainbow" -MoreBeef

6th Place - FAToC '10
http://www.youtube.com/user/cja245
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Well I jumped on this deal and I just want to say that I love everything about the Smallfly, from the construction to the flipping. It's a VERY unique flipping experience compared to other knives, but it's far from impossible. I actually found that when I practiced the harder moves with the smaller knife, the same moves that used to be difficult were a sinch on my Typhoon (and I've only flipped the smallfly for two days), so flipping with the Smallfly can really make you a better flipper, in my short experience.

That's just my two cents ($125 actually), but I think everyone should take advantage of this deal while it lasts.

Return to Deal Spotting