FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BM 4x Clone Spring Latch Fix

Moderator: T-man

<<

Wheelman185

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:30 pm

BM 4x Clone Spring Latch Fix

I got a BM43 Clone in the other day, and to say quite frankly I'm impressed in what I paid for. (I have a real 42, on the way, in the mail, for you haters out there, i'll do some comparing then)

I have been tinkering around with the latch, because that was what the most notable thing out of the box was. The latch was loose and hardly worked. I figured it was a spring tension problem. So after poking around for replacement springs, I just decided to clip off 2 coils and reshape it. Worked like a charm! I'm still looking for replacement springs, (not the whole latch from doucenozel.com). Here's a pic if it even matters.

Anyone doing this might have problems getting the T6 Screws undone. Yeah, they Loctited those screws already. I used needle nose pliers to hold the screw pin in place. Unfortunately, on the second one you need to place two drops of super glue on the end and let set for 30 min. Go cook some food or something! After the glue is dried, the pin stays in place and the screw comes right out. Soak the end of the handle, latch and all in nail polish remover or straight acetone (like I did). Give it some time to set, and it should come right out. (I ended up soaking the pin overnight to get the rest of the gunk off.)

After you clip or replace the spring, easiest way to string it up, is to take your small T6 precision driver and thread it with that and slide the pin right behind it. Makes life way easier.
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

Truepaganini

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: BM 4x Clone Spring Latch Fix

Thanks for the instructions :D that extremely loose latch on my 47 clone always bothered me!

Czat

• 2 Sep 2014
  • 16:27
    Hi guys, it's been a while
  • 16:49
    I'm new but cool ass name
  • 19:47
    :lechuck:
  • 3 Sep 2014
  • 12:53
    motorcycle comes home today!
  • 5 Sep 2014
  • 13:48
    so lets see it?
  • 16:00
    I was gunna post pictures today but its stormy here. Tomorrow I will =)
  • 9 Sep 2014
  • 15:56
    hannam I posted pics on my fb =)
  • 18:41
    Selling a BM42!!! Check the Market!
  • 18:41
    Very good condition
  • 11 Sep 2014
  • 15:46
    don't know a ton about bikes chiv but it looks nice
  • 15:47
    it looks real clean and I like the color
  • 12 Sep 2014
  • 2:42
    thanks =) they started sending out replicants so soon I should be flipping again too
  • 2:42
    I like it a lot too. it was only 2k
  • 13 Sep 2014
  • 10:24
    I saw the exact same bike on campus today in blue and I have no idea if thats cheap or what for a bike
  • 10:25
    and reps are being shipped to bhq in batches of 25 so not too much longer, I think I'm between 100 and 150 on the list and they are up to 50 right now I believe
  • 14 Sep 2014
  • 15:37
    I would say 2k is cheap. I rode it on real roads today and another rider waved at me lol. it was so exciting
  • 18 Sep 2014
  • BT why you down!
  • 20 Sep 2014
  • 15:19
    Hey new to the arena, glad to be here! I posted up in the marketplace but figured I would throw it out here as well, anyone selling a Kimura V? Also interested in a II or a VIII. Thanks!!
  • 22 Sep 2014
  • 20:36
    On JD some kimuras go up for sale. Just make sure you post an intro. Also I think I saw a guy on craigslist with 2 so you should search that
  • 23 Sep 2014
  • 16:28
    wonder why i had to use a proxy to finally get access here ....
  • 16:41
    ?? haven't changed anything here.
  • 16:44
    how longs that been going on for you?
  • 24 Sep 2014
  • 17:53
    about a year now ....
  • 17:55
    it only lets me have access via the proxy if i try iot without it, it will login my account in and then throw me out while me account stays logged in
  • 17:57
    it started right around the time this CA black skin became the default when you visit the site
  • 20:42
    i switched your preferences to the brushed metal skin. if it's a problem with the skins, that will fix it.
  • 26 Sep 2014
  • 12:29
    hahahaha it worked!!!! i didnt have to use a proxy this time!
  • 27 Sep 2014
  • 13:37
    andddd its back to the proxy
  • 17:41
    ahhh... I remeber this. the cookie used to remember your login session for this site is corrupted. you need to delete cookies.
  • 20:06
    tried that deleted board cookies and complete internet options delete cookies ... its still doing it ...
  • 20:11
    well google chrome lets me login just fine it may be the fact that i was using fire fox
  • 20:17
    well now that it seems to be working again hopefully ill be here more often lol
  • 20:38
    yeah, it's a little tricky for firefox
  • 20:39
  • 20:41
    in the privacy tab, tell it to use custom settings so it will show the 'Show Cookies' button; search 'brokenbrains' and delete all the cookies it finds.
  • 20:45
    should be something like phpbb3_oj51s
  • 20:52
    also make sure cookies are enabled in general, and not blocked for this site
  • 28 Sep 2014
  • 8:27
    i got it i just finally switched back to chrome lol
  • 23:14
    welcome back hh
  • 29 Sep 2014
  • 15:12
    yea too bad i dont have my orginal teal name hahaha

Return to Maintenance