FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Knife Troubles

Moderator: T-man

<<

D-Helix

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:01 am

Knife Troubles

So I bought a bear & son 114, and it works fine, but I think I may have fucked it up somehow. Ever since I brought it up to the mountains and got it all cold and wet, the tang of the blade has been sticking to the bite handle when I open and close it, and it's been interfering with my ability to execute tricks properly. I tried drenching it repeatedly in WD-40, but that only seems to fix it for a few hours at most... wtf is wrong with this thing? It's like the tang suddenly got too thick, or the groove in the handle suddenly got too skinny.
-Resident Stoner

"Just call me Helix, man."
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Knife Troubles

You might have some dirt in there. If you can't flush it out with oil, try to blast it out with an air compressor or keyboard cleaner.

Or you might have crushed the handle a little. You can open it back up by wedging a flathead screwdriver or chisel between the blade and handle and gently hammer it in there.
<<

exile82187

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Re: Knife Troubles

That and the bear and sons (well at least mine have been) very unreliable I would save up and get a kimmy or if you like bear and son their Bear ops line of balis is pretty decent.

Return to Maintenance