73%
Mississippiriver
27%

Total votes : 11
<<

Klockwyse

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Klockwyse Vs Mississippiriver

Rules were under 30 seconds, editing permitted.

Klockwyse:

Mississippiriver:

<<

c.wigum

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:09 am

Re: Klockwyse Vs Mississippiriver

MR had too much flappy arm movement for my liking, so my vote went to Klockwyse.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Klockwyse

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:30 am

c.wigum wrote:MR had too much flappy arm movement for my liking, so my vote went to Klockwyse.

Any critique on mine would be very much appreciated also.
<<

c.wigum

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:46 am

Klockwyse wrote:
c.wigum wrote:MR had too much flappy arm movement for my liking, so my vote went to Klockwyse.

What you did looked clean and tight. The opening helix looked as it should and the index Chaplin wasn't too bad either. It just looked like you needed something in the middle to link it all together. Because you ended halfway through n the closed position it looked like two separate combos.

Learn some more twirling or some filler moves like some fanning. Try just a basic aerial, but instead of catching both handles just catch one handle and roll into some fanning.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Klockwyse

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:22 am

c.wigum wrote:
Klockwyse wrote:

What you did looked clean and tight. The opening helix looked as it should and the index Chaplin wasn't too bad either. It just looked like you needed something in the middle to link it all together. Because you ended halfway through n the closed position it looked like two separate combos.

Learn some more twirling or some filler moves like some fanning. Try just a basic aerial, but instead of catching both handles just catch one handle and roll into some fanning.

Awesome, thank you. I'll work on some transitions.
<<

Chiv

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Went with K.
-River, I think it will really help you out a lot if you stick to the basics, and work your way up. Iron out those basic moves til you got em like its no big deal, then try to do some of the tougher stuff. It all starts with the basics! Keep it up, ya both :TU:
I feel bad for everyone who isn't me.
<<

echoshock

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:36 am

K: You should probably at this point venture into some filler moves like fanning, maybe aerials, etc... They help break the pattern of a routine so watchers don't feel like they are witnessing the same events over and over. You did break the pattern with that chaplin, which was executed very well. Just try to avoid doing more than two or three of them as they become tedious to watch very quickly (like ever so many moves).
Just as a video quality thing: I'd recommend adding music to the video and removing the clacking and background noise, which is something that surprisingly greatly increases the enjoyment of watching a video. Overall, good video.

M: Very good to jump into a challenge like this. While I don't have any videos up currently, if you had seen mine, the more challenges you do, the faster you get better. The editing on your video was great. You also chose a good background, though I would try to wear clothing that is either the same or compliments the background (video quality wise).
Also, try to keep that arm movement down a little (don't worry, it will come with time), you looked like you had to force it a lot. The transfers should wait for a while because at this point in time, (at least IMO) your off hand won't do much good for you. It seems to start coming in handy when you're beginning to break out of the newb ladder.

My vote went to K.

Good job guys, hope to see more soon.

(Also if I seem like I'm pulling all of this outta my ass/I came outta nowhere, I'm sorry, I've been a little forgotten around here since I forgot to sign in for... over a year, haha)
I would rather drive to your house and beat your ass in front of your kids.- Loosey

"oOooOololoolikikikolollLOOoloOollllololol"- Nards
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:11 pm

echoshock wrote:(Also if I seem like I'm pulling all of this outta my ass/I came outta nowhere, I'm sorry, I've been a little forgotten around here since I forgot to sign in for... over a year, haha)

I didn't forget you.
<<

Mississpiriver

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am

You did really good in your video. I'll have to vs u again when I'm better.

Return to Old Polls