FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Poll ended at Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 am

Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Carlosj116
8
62%
BritishFlipper
5
38%
 
Total votes : 13
<<

carlosj116

Posts: 57

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 am

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:15 am

Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Challenge link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6047&p=57955#p57955

Carlosj116


BritishFlipper
<<

Masharp81

Posts: 73

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:55 am

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Great job to both of you guys! Both of you pulled off some smooth looking manipulations. I liked that BritishFlipper had a pretty original routine, and Carlos had some smooth looking rollovers and transitions. In the end I voted for Carlos. I had to take a few points from BF because he wasn't using a live blade. BF - You put together a really nice routine, but I feel like in a competition, both guys probably need to use live blades. I could be wrong, it's just an opinion, but it's the way I feel... Again though, good job to both of you!
Image
<<

BritishFlipper

User avatar

Posts: 75

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 am

Location: UK

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Thanks man, that means a lot to me.
i was going to use my 51 but the momentum was trowing me off a bit. Especially with the table top.
Insert Witty Remark Here [...]
<<

c.wigum

User avatar

Posts: 1470

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Location: Land Of The Long White Cloud

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Pretty even but as mentioned points off for using a bottle opener. But nice fire starter btw.

Voted for Carlos.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

carlosj116

Posts: 57

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 am

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Thanks guys, and Masharp; yeah the cherry picker took about 5 tries to get it that smooth :lol:
Carl
<<

BritishFlipper

User avatar

Posts: 75

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 am

Location: UK

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Thanks wigum
Insert Witty Remark Here [...]
<<

Masharp81

Posts: 73

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:55 am

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

carlosj116 wrote:Thanks guys, and Masharp; yeah the cherry picker took about 5 tries to get it that smooth :lol:
Carl


Yeah, I have trouble with the cherry picker. I can helix, behind the eight ball, but I have a hard time with the cherry picker. Again, nice vid to both of you. Some smooth flipping, guys.
Image
<<

carlosj116

Posts: 57

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 am

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

Masharp81 wrote:
carlosj116 wrote:Thanks guys, and Masharp; yeah the cherry picker took about 5 tries to get it that smooth :lol:
Carl


Yeah, I have trouble with the cherry picker. I can helix, behind the eight ball, but I have a hard time with the cherry picker. Again, nice vid to both of you. Some smooth flipping, guys.



Is it the middle finger to index switch that gets you too? I've found that if you incorporate a small kind of wrist flick you can keep the momentum going at that part
Carl
<<

echoshock

Posts: 240

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

carlosj116 wrote:
Masharp81 wrote:
carlosj116 wrote:Thanks guys, and Masharp; yeah the cherry picker took about 5 tries to get it that smooth :lol:
Carl


Yeah, I have trouble with the cherry picker. I can helix, behind the eight ball, but I have a hard time with the cherry picker. Again, nice vid to both of you. Some smooth flipping, guys.



Is it the middle finger to index switch that gets you too? I've found that if you incorporate a small kind of wrist flick you can keep the momentum going at that part
Carl


I never really had a problem w/ the cherry picker. I think Vincent Dark has a tut on it, and if so, that's the one that really helped me.
I would rather drive to your house and beat your ass in front of your kids.- Loosey

"oOooOololoolikikikolollLOOoloOollllololol"- Nards
<<

carlosj116

Posts: 57

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 am

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:28 am

Re: Carlosj116 vs BritishFlipper

I never really had a problem w/ the cherry picker. I think Vincent Dark has a tut on it, and if so, that's the one that really helped me.


Yeah that's the tutorial I learnt it from, its just the switchover and having salad fingers probably doesn't help :lol:

Return to Polls and Results

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest