FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Do you flip publicly?

Moderator: slashncut

<<

mahalkobalisongs

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 am

Re: Do you flip publicly?

i flipped on the bench at one of my soccer games. i tried to teach one of my team mates but the assistant coach said he never wanted to see it again :cry:
Nardath wrote:i usually suggest people to learn less and master more
<<

slaysur

Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:03 am

No chance I would flip in public. But I EDC everyday.
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:04 am

I used to be paranoid about it but I'll flip anywhere I don't see police at this point.
<<

Davidrd17

Post Thu May 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Even in states you can carry it needs to be visible or otherwise it will be considered concealed. I live in Oregon and carry a BM51 but it has a clip therefore not concealed. Correct me if Im wrong on any of this
<<

Malcolm Reynolds

be the malcolm

Post Thu May 24, 2012 6:13 pm

mahalkobalisongs wrote:i flipped on the bench at one of my soccer games. i tried to teach one of my team mates but the assistant coach said he never wanted to see it again :cry:

:o
rms+Image= :poop:
:pirate1: + :taco: = :taco_pirate:
<<

Uh-Oh

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Davidrd17 wrote:Even in states you can carry it needs to be visible or otherwise it will be considered concealed. I live in Oregon and carry a BM51 but it has a clip therefore not concealed. Correct me if Im wrong on any of this

You are correct. But I will inform you of something that makes me think twice about carrying a bali, even in Oregon. years ago there was a protestor, I am not sure exactly what he did to get the cops attention. When arrested, he had a folding knife with a pocket clip, not a bali. Now I am going to get into a pretty bad argument that is just a slippery slope the whole way down. Since you can "flick" a pocket knife with a brownie pop or a simple flick of the wrist (even though it is not good for the knife :mrgreen: ), it was concidered a gavity knife. Now comes the scary part, the police argued that they could not tell that it was a knife from a distance, even though visable with a pocket clip, it could have been a cell phone case or a number of things with a pocket clip. It was also stated that the knife was covered by a sweatshirt, making this poor kid with a freaking folding knife is now charged with a concealed gravity knife.
I could argue about how wrong this is for days. But after hearing about this case, I usually carry folders, go figure :roll: . As long as you're not doing anything stupid... no cop in his right mind should a have problem with you, or a knife.
State of Oregon v. Michael James Coatney Appellate Court No. A132096

Do I stroll down a sidewalk while flipping? Nope. Do I carry a bali? rarely, just cant help it somedays :pirate1: Even though I have been playing with balis since I was a little guy, I still view them as scary to most other people. I treat mine with respect and understand that other people could find flipping intimidating.
Keep it spinning
<<

balifreak23

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:18 pm

I will carry my bali on occasion, but not often. I have flipped outside, but not where there are a ton of random people watching, only where my friends were watching though I could be seen.
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
A full force slap across the chops then run like the wind.
Bitch Slap my friend.. it never fails. - c.wigum
<<

soulowned

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:14 am

GetTheFood11 wrote:I wish California laws didn't suck so much.

AGREED! i wanna walk around with my bali outside and not get a ticket or something
HOOK IT UP! SOUL!
<<

Outlaw

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:35 pm

I always carry my best knife with me if I leave the house.

I live in Alabama, I am pretty sure they are illegal here but that doesn't stop me.

I flip publicly regardless. At the park, hospital, parking lots, on school grounds, etc.
Previous

Return to The Art of Flipping